Currently we do not have a youth leader and so we have been invited to join in with the youth ministry happening at our neighbouring churches. Read on to find out more about that…
ignYte is a joint ministry of St. Laurence Anglican and Good Shepherd Lutheran, open to youth grades 7-12 from across the Tri-Cities and North Burnaby region. We desire to create a bravely welcoming community where youth can bring their full selves, create lasting friendships, kindle a joyful faith, and be energized to spread Christ’s love in every part of their lives.
We participate with the BC-Yukon Anglican Youth Movement (BCYAYM), the Diocesan Youth Ministry (DYM), the Canada Lutheran Anglican Youth (CLAY) gathering and other wider youth networks.
We strive to encourage the participation and leadership of youth regardless of ability, ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic status, gender or sexual orientation.
During COVID, we meet on Zoom most Sunday evenings from 7-8:15pm for community, games, and conversation around life and faith. We also intend to meet monthly for in-person, socially distanced activities.
ignYte is led by Jason Wood and Rachel Genge
We’d love to hear from you! If you would like more information or a opportunity to meet with one of our leaders, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 4th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7 on ZOOM
- October 11th: No event- Thanksgiving
- October 17th, 10 am Confirmation service
- October 18th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7 on ZOOM
- October 24th, 3pm to 5pm: In-Person* Pumpkin Carving
- November 1st, 6pm In-Person* Bonfire Night @ St. Alban’s, Burnaby
- November 8th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7 on ZOOM
- November 15th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7on ZOOM
- November 21st, 3pm to 5pm: In-Person* Christmas Card Making
- November 29th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7 on ZOOM
- December 6th, 7pm: Sunday @ 7 on ZOOM
- December 12th, 3pm to 5pm: In-Person* Gingerbread decorating
*Please register for in-person events by emailing email@example.com or for assistance in accessing ZOOM
Please note that our youth leaders will be following all BC Public Health guidelines.
When meeting in-person, leaders will:
- Encourage everyone to assess themselves for any symptoms of COVID-19 and to stay home if sick
- Ensure everyone has easy access to handwashing stations or hand sanitizing supplies
- Provide space to allow people to maintain physical distance from others
- Encourage the wearing of masks when 2 metre physical distancing may not be possible
- Practice routine cleaning and disinfection
- Keep a list of attendees