Welcome back to in-person services! This Sunday September 12th will be our first hybrid service, combining in person worship with live streaming over Zoom. Sunday Service will begin at 10:30am, and if you wish to participate over Zoom, a link will be sent out from the church office on Fridays to those on our mailing list. Please email email@example.com before Fridays at 2pm to receive the link.
When you come to Sunday worship, please note the following:
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the church
- Respect people’s needs for distance
- A mask is encouraged for children over 3 years of age
- Children are welcomed and an activity table will be set up
- Remember to keep your mask on when singing
- Holy Communion will be served under BC Covid safety guidelines – please follow the direction of Pastor Dorothy
- Sharing of the peace will be non-physical ie. no hugging, shaking hands or moving about the sanctuary
- Offering plate will be in the Narthex at the end of the service
- Bathrooms will be available
- There will be no coffee time
- Social time is best done outside
If you are sick or not feeling well, you are asked to stay home. We also encourage those with symptoms of illness to use the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool or the BCCDC When to Get Tested for COVID-19 resource to know if you should seek testing for COVID-19.
A little bit about us…
Welcome! We are a neighbourhood church located located right on the border between Port Moody and Coquitlam BC, Canada. Officially we are on the Coquitlam side of the boundary but our congregation also has deep roots in Port Moody where it first gathered for worship.
We are a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community. Together we are exploring faith, learning what someone once called ‘the unforced rhythms of grace’. We know this is about a journey not a destination. It’s something we do with our community and not for it….and it’s all about hope. As we gather for worship, for book club or hikes, we are re-formed by Jesus’ grace, love, and hospitality. We are learning to love what God loves and to advocate for those things that need to change if this world is to reflect God’s beauty.
We are committed to the work of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC), our denomination and the BC Synod. We are full-communion partners with the Anglican Church of Canada. We are currently finishing our work on our welcoming documents so that we can ensure a credentialed welcome to our LGBTQ community.
Our worship life together…
We gather at least weekly for worship on Sunday mornings, for a quiet contemplative service on Saturday mornings and for a simple shared meal on Thursday nights during Lent, (the 40 days leading up to Easter). Our worship schedule is as follows:
Sunday Morning worship – 10am
Pastor: Rev. Dorothy Chu